So now I have an approach to project 11 that works I made a couple of diptychs below where I replaced the passive standard symbol with more active symbols. Here is the original photo.
I then worked on a new version
The first attempt looked a bit too clunky. I missed one sign and didn’t offer any sense of real textures and colours. The second attempt was better.
I quite like this approach for the reasons already stated in my earlier post so I will continue experimenting with it for a while. However I can already see that all these images make the same point so I can’t see them being used as a set unless I can say thing different with them. I won’t worry about that now though and I will just continue to play with the approach.