I completed the creation of this below yesterday.
It was the result of both physical painting and digital processing. I did not created it with a particular purpose (statement or function) in mind, just playing with available materials and time on my hands.
It began by
- My paining a black base on a 60 x 60 cm incontinence sheet
- Gluing random items I used in my impairment management to the sheet
- Painting over everything in red
- Covering the items glued with white paint and surrounding them with green paint
- Removing (with pliers) the items glued to the sheet
Here below you can see the picture while its been left to dry and before I have removed the glued items.
I then took a photo of it and manipulated it in both Lightroom and Elements.
I am not sure whether the image means anything at all. there was little skill or craft involved and the physical process reminded me of primary school activity. This changed when I began its digital processing – but why so – I don’t really know.
I hope 2016 is more focussed than this….