Theme: exploring the museum’s objects and the possible futures of museums
Objects and spaces
- Frontiers’ is a metaphor to conceive of the physical space, between the museum, and university/school/community group where we explore histories and memories
- Objects – creation, use and evidence of the past (representations of the past) offer tangible histories
- So meanings change over time and context
- Volunteer, work, study
Museums and galleries are constantly changing, adapting to new interpretations and digital is playing a large part in that.
- Changing the nature of representation
- Becoming embedded in the fabric of museums
This 6 week course was okay. It reminded me of some issues rather than provided new insights though. But I an impressed by the idea of MOOCs generally. However I think think that it, along with the reading, is making me focus more and more on production values and the upcoming final exhibition. What will I show and how will I present it are key questions I need to turn to.